- Please complete and submit the DS-160 interactive online application form. Before you start please review the instructions and Frequently Asked Questions for instructions about using the DS-160. You must submit your DS-160 application before scheduling an appointment.
- Print and keep the DS-160 Confirmation Page (see the example, JPG, 166 kB)
- Pay the visa application processing fee and schedule an appointment using ustraveldocs.com. All nonimmigrant visa applicants can schedule their appointment (or change their appointment) no later than day before an appointment until noon! Print and keep Appointment Confirmation Page (see the example, JPG, 197 kB)
- Come to the Embassy on the day of your interview. Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your interview time and be aware of our security requirements. Please bring the following documents:
You may also wish to bring any of the recommended documents listed below:
- Bank statements for the last 3 months
- Letter of Employment
- Invitation letter from the US business or individual you will be visiting
- Copy of transcripts and confirmation of studies for students
- Business registration documents for business owners
- Marriage certificates for couples; birth certificates if a child is applying for a visa
- Petitions and supporting documents for certain work visas
Depending upon the type of visa you are applying for, there will be additional required documents.