“It is the job of each and every one of us, on both sides of the Atlantic, to bring home to the generations of today and tomorrow the compelling lessons of this century. We must never fall back into complacency or presume that totalitarianism is forever dead or retreat in the face of aggression. We must learn from history, not repeat it. And we must never forget that the destinies of Europe and North America are inseparable; and that this is as true now as it was when NATO was founded…” – U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright at the accession of the Czech Republic to NATO, March 12, 1999
U.S. Embassy Prague invites YOU to join our Global Affairs Academy and expand your worldview!
Do you want to learn more about global affairs, security, and diplomacy from diplomats and experts? Look no further! We invite ambitious undergraduate (B.A.-level) students to apply for an extraordinary opportunity that will broaden your horizons and empower you to become a global citizen.
Introducing the U.S. Embassy Prague´s five-day Global Affairs Academy, a prestigious program designed to inspire and equip the next generation of Czech leaders in international relations, diplomacy, international economics, and global development. This immersive experience will take place in a dynamic and multicultural setting, providing a platform for vibrant discussions, activities, and networking with esteemed professionals in the field.
🎯 What’s in it for you? 🎯
- Expand your knowledge: Delve into a diverse range of topics, including global politics, energy security, public diplomacy, and foreign aid. Gain insights from renowned experts and engage in thought-provoking debates with fellow passionate students.
- Sharpen your skills: Enhance your critical thinking, problem-solving, and networking abilities.
- Connect: Forge invaluable connections with like-minded individuals from all around the Czech Republic and beyond, exchange ideas, and build lasting friendships with future leaders.
- Ignite your career: Acquire a certificate of participation from the U.S. Embassy Global Affairs Academy, showcasing your dedication and commitment to global affairs. Boost your resume and open doors to exciting internship and job opportunities in international organizations, think tanks, and government agencies.
- For Prague-based students, the program will provide a small stipend to cover meals and incidental expenses. For non-Prague-based students, the program will cover lodging, travel costs, as well as meals and incidental expenses.
📆 Mark Your Calendars: September 11-September 15, 2023
🌟 Application Requirements: 🌟
- Undergraduate student currently enrolled in a recognized Czech university or college.
- Strong interest in global affairs, international relations, or related fields.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Czech skills.
- Demonstrated leadership potential and a passion for making a positive impact.
📝 How to Apply:
To be considered for this extraordinary opportunity, complete the online application form. Make sure you include your updated resume and a short essay (max 300 words) on the following topic:
“What role do you envision for yourself in contributing to finding a solution to a specific global affairs issue?”
🚀 Don’t miss your chance to be a part of the Global Affairs Academy! Applications close on July 9 2023 at midnight, so apply now!
- U.S. Embassy Prague´s selection committee will select 30 highly motivated applicants. We are seeking a diverse group of participants from throughout the Czech Republic.
- Selected applicants will be informed by an email by July 24 and must confirm their participation by July 31.
- For any inquiries or further information, feel free to reach out to us at ValdajevaB@state.gov.
🌐 Global Affairs Academy: Shaping Tomorrow’s Czech Leaders 🌐