Voting in U.S. Elections

Americans 18 and older who reside abroad are eligible to vote in elections throughout the year, in addition to the general elections in November.

The Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) is the official source of information for overseas voting. General information on absentee voting is available, as well as downloadable forms and state-specific information about procedures, deadlines to register and vote, and a calendar of election dates.

To register for an absentee ballot, it is necessary to complete the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA), available through the FVAP online or at the ACS office.

For specific questions or additional assistance, please send us an email

For further information on voting in U.S. elections please see our Voter Assistance page.

Please note:  Despite limited consular services at U.S. Embassy Prague during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are able to assist and accept your ballot for return to the United States.  For further information on voting in U.S. elections, including how to drop off your ballot, please see our Voter Assistance page.