What To Do If Your Passport, ID or Credit Cards Are Lost or Stolen
Make a list of missing items
File a police report detailing the missing item
Please note that interpreters are not readily available at all police stations. The Foreigners’ Police station usually has English speakers. Police (english speaker available) – Jungmannovo namesti 9, Prague 1, ph. +420 224 223 735. A police station is also located next to the Embassy at Vlasska 362/3, 974.851.730.
Request copies to submit to your creditors and others that may require proof of the crime.
Lost or Stolen Credit Card Reporting
Major Credit Card Companies:
- American Express: 001-336-393-1111
- Discover: 001-801-902-3100
- Mastercard: 001 636 722 7111 or in the Czech Republic: 800-142-494
- Visa: 001-410-581-9994 or in the Czech Republic: 800-142-121
Credit Reporting Agencies:
- Equifax: 001-800-525-6285
- Experian: 001-800-301-7195 or 001-888-397-3742
- Trans-Union: 001-800-680-7289