The U.S. Embassy in Prague has begun using an online auction system to conduct property sales. The online auction will be open to the public and only items that are functioning or repairable will be sold (office and residential furniture, equipment, appliances, etc.). Appliances and IT equipment with unknown problems or that are irreparable, will be disposed of and not auctioned.
To access the auction site, please follow this link. You must be 18 years or older to participate. Each participant must create an account when they log into the auction website. Each account must consist of a valid e-mail address and phone number. See bellow for tips on registering.
Tips to create an account and log in:
- Click on the NEW box at the center top of the screen.
- Your email address must be all lower case. Do not use CAPS.
- Create a simple “Secret Question” and “Secret Answer.” Keep this handy because you’ll need it soon, to confirm your registration.
- After you click Submit, you’ll receive a time-sensitive email – click on the link in the email to confirm your registration.
- If you see a U.S. Department of State warning that your computer is trying to access an unknown site, simply click on “Continue to Website.”