Ambassador Stephen B. King is pleased to announce the inauguration of U.S. Embassy Prague’s Youth Advisory Board. We are launching this important new advisory board as we commence our celebration of the Centennial of U.S.-Czech diplomatic relations in 2018. U.S. Embassy Prague seeks to recruit up to 15 youth members to serve one-year volunteer terms on the Council.
Youth Advisory Board members will meet regularly with the U.S. Ambassador to discuss issues impacting Czech youth and U.S.-Czech relations. The Youth Advisory Board will also provide feedback on and contribute to the development of U.S. Embassy Prague’s cultural and educational programs. The selected participants will be integral to shaping the council in future years. We are seeking highly motivated students with an interest in foreign policy who are excited about the opportunity to share their thoughts directly with the United States Ambassador.
Under the guidance of the U.S. Embassy’s Public Affairs Office, selected youth council members will participate in the following activities:
- Attend monthly board meetings to develop agendas and plans
- Meet with the U.S. Ambassador every two months
- Attend Embassy events such as International Youth Day, volunteer activities, educational programs and more
- Contribute to organizing and planning of Embassy-led programming for youth
Who is Eligible?
- Czech nationals residing in the Czech Republic between the ages of 18 and 25 and fluent in English.
- Organizers, students, inventors, artists, entrepreneurs, journalists, innovators, and more!
- Those who are committed to serve one year on the Council.
- Those who have demonstrated a commitment to leadership.
- Those with the time to commit to the Council’s activities and programs.
Interested applicants should submit an application (link here) and a short introductory video clip in English (up to two minutes) recommending one action that U.S. Ambassador King could take to reach out to Czech youth as he begins his tenure.
To apply, please fill out the Google form and submit a link to your video by January 31, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The inaugural meeting will take place in March, 2018.