The U.S. Embassy and the U.S. Office of Naval Research (ONR) Global are proud to have hosted the inaugural reception for the Czech Women in AI (CWAI) professional network on 14 October 2020.
The 4-member Steering Committee, like the CWAI members, draws from business, academia, and government:
- Alžběta Krausová, Czech Academy of Sciences, Institute of State and Law
- Milena Jabůrková, IBM and Vice President Confederation of CZ Industry for Digital Economy and Education
- Zlata Straková, The Office of the Government of the Czech Republic, European Digital Agenda Unit
- Kateřina Anna Magnna, Microsoft — Government Affairs Czech Republic & Slovakia
ONR Global Science Director Dr. Stephen O’Regan opened the reception and Deputy Chief of Mission Ms. Jennifer Bachus delivered the keynote address. Following remarks by the Steering Committee, a select group of American women called in from abroad to share their networking experiences as women working in science and technology fields.
The 26+ strong CWAI group shared their aspirations for the network during a lively brainstorming discussion guided by the CWAI Steering Committee, coalescing around six topics to drive future activities:
2. Events, Talent Search & Recruitment
3. Studies, Research, Projects
4. Promoting Women in AI, diversity and inclusion
5. Education and outreach
6. Deeper insight into AI field, knowledge sharing
For more information about CWAI, please contact Kateřina Anna Magnna by email Katerina.Magnna@microsoft.com or by SMS 00420 702 041 709.