Effective December 27, 2021, foreign nationals traveling to the Czech Republic will be required to present a negative PCR test prior to travel. This requirement applies to vaccinated individuals and those who have recovered from COVID-19 within the last six months.
The PCR test requirement does not apply to travelers who have received a COVID-19 booster dose, children under 12, those between 12 and 18 who are fully vaccinated (no booster required), or vaccinated travelers holding a long-term residency permit for the Czech Republic.
Travelers who are not vaccinated or have not recovered from COVID-19 within the last six months, must also take a PCR test between the 5th and 7th day after arrival in the Czech Republic.
Please see the Czech Ministry of Health website for more information on current COVID-19 protective measures. You may also find information on the U.S. Embassy Prague website and the Czech COVID-19 page for further guidance.
- S. Embassy Prague, Czech Republic
- +420 257 022 000
- Department of State – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Czech Republic’s Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter