Health Alert – COVID-19 Coronavirus
U. S. Embassy Prague, Czech Republic
July 23, 2020
Event: The Czech Ministry of Health confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Czech Republic. U.S. Embassy Prague will be sending a daily update to ensure all U.S. citizens have the latest information about COVID19 and local conditions. Updated information will be prefaced with (NEW).
The U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency. U.S. Citizens in an emergency can call 1-888-407-4747 from the U.S. and Canada or plus-1-202-501-4444 from overseas.
(NEW) Embassy Services: Effective July 15, 2020, the U.S. Embassy in Prague is resuming limited routine services. For routine or emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website https://cz.usembassy.gov/for additional information and to make an appointment.
An increasing number of international air carriers are now offering daily and/or weekly flights to multiple European airports with connections to the United States, including KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Air France, and Czech Airlines, among others. Please understand that the embassy is unable to guarantee seats or assist with booking tickets on commercial flights for private U.S. citizens. For flight numbers and times, please visit https://www.prg.aero/en/flight-information#/odlety or contact the airlines and travel agents directly. For resumed routes and planned resumptions of airline routes, see https://www.prg.aero/en/list-of-resumed-routes. Flights from Europe are only being permitted to fly into 13 specific airports in the United States, as detailed on the Department of Homeland Security’s website, so you will need to plan your travel route accordingly. Please be prepared to stay overnight and make lodging arrangements at connecting points and upon arriving to the United States. Ceske drahy (Czech Rails), Regiojet and other train operators have resumed train travel from the Czech Republic to multiple countries and locations. For more information and to book travel, see https://www.regiojet.com/news/buses/2020-03-02-coronavirus.html and https://www.cd.cz/en/default.htm
Restrictions: The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The State of Emergency in the Czech Republic expired on May 17, 2020. Please reference the website of the Government of the Czech Republic and the Czech Ministry of Foreign Affairs, as well as our website https://cz.usembassy.gov/ for additional information.
Please see additional information for U.S. Citizens Returning from Europe on the Department of State’s website regarding where U.S. citizens are allowed to transit en route to the United States.
** If you are no longer in the Czech Republic and wish to end your registration with the embassy, please Unsubscribe at the Smart Traveler Enrollment Plan website.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the Czech Republic.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Prague, Czech Republic
- Tržiště 365/15, 118 00 Malá Strana
- +420 257 022 000
- State Department–Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Czech Republic Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter