The Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) office in Prague represents the interests of U.S. agriculture in the Czech Republic and is part of the regional office of the U.S. Department of Agriculture based in Berlin.
FAS Prague assists U.S. companies interested in the Czech Republic by locating agents, distributors, importers and associations. FAS also lobbies the Czech government to ensure that U.S. agricultural exporters are treated fairly.
FAS Prague conducts market research and reports on agricultural commodities and food products in the Czech Republic. Our Market Briefs focus on specific products and include information on domestic production, foreign competition, distribution, prices, regulations, import tariffs, and important contacts in the Czech Republic. Similar Reports are prepared also by the FAS U.S. Mission to the European Union.
FAS promotes U.S. food products by organizing various events like seminars or tastings. You can learn more about our marketing activities and trade shows at our website FAS-Europe.org.
One of the goals of FAS Prague is to provide information on U.S. agriculture and its most modern technologies. A lot of useful information you can obtain from our website www.fas.usda.gov or in the Information Resources section below.
Travel and Customs Information
- Bringing Food Into the United States
- Importation of Pets and Other Animals Into the United States
- U.S. Customs & Border Protection
- Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Food Safety and Inspection Service
- State Veterinary Administration of the Czech Republic
Importing U.S. Products to Czech Republic
- European Importers of American Foods to Europe
- Attaché Reports
- U.S. Exporter Assistance – Cooperators
- U.S. Trade Internet System
- Czech Statistical Office
- MIATCO (Food Export Association of the Midwest USA and Food Export USA-Northeast)
- SUSTA (Southern United States Trade Association)
- Food Export USA