Through the Public Affairs small-grants program, the U.S. Embassy in Prague provides partial support for artistic and cultural performances, educational initiatives and non-governmental organization (NGO) projects whose aim is to promote and deepen the understanding and appreciation of American foreign policy and culture.
The Embassy elicits proposals with outstanding merit that support the U.S. Government’s broad goals of fostering mutual cooperation. In deciding which projects to support, the Embassy will give consideration to the full range and diversity of Czech organizations – cultural, NGO and educational – and will seek to target geographically and demographically diverse audiences in the Czech Republic. Typically grants range from $1,000 to $5,000, but do not exceed $10,000.
Call for Proposals is now: OPEN
Deadline: March 3, 2017
We will inform all applicants about the results of this call during the first week of May 2017. (Note: the U.S. government is presently operating under a Continuing Resolution and therefore the Embassy reserves the right to postpone awards pending the availability of appropriated funds. End Note.)
- All applications must be submitted electronically to GrantsPrague@state.gov by the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will not be processed.
- All proposals must be submitted in English
- All applications must be complete and submitted in the correct (most recent) application template. Applications in a different template will not be accepted. Please read our instructions how to fill in the application form
- All applications must have a detailed budget
- Applicants must confirm their non–profit status; no for-profit entities will be considered.
- Preference will be given to institutions and individuals with a proven track record of executing superior events, workshops and programs.
- Applications should have an American component. Projects incorporating an American speaker, artist, performer, author, etc., are considered stronger.
- Applications requesting Embassy co-financing are considered stronger.
- Applications should focus on one or more of the Embassy’s priority themes and initiatives (see below):
• Cultural programing (music, dance, film, theatre, photography, etc.)
• Democracy, Good Governance, and Rule of law
• Educational initiatives (English language and American studies)
• Entrepreneurship and Innovation
• Environment, Science and Technology
• Energy Security
• Gender Equality
• Human Rights, Minority Integration and Strengthening of Civil Society
• Countering Disinformation and Encouraging Media Literacy
How to Apply for a Small Grant
Please submit your proposals to GrantsPrague@state.gov by the deadline.
In each round, the US Embassy Prague receives between 100—170 applications for funding, of which we are able to support 20-30.
To make your application more competitive, please be brief, clear and to the point. We appreciate your interest in the Small Grants Program and wish you the best of luck! Please read our instructions how to fill in the application form.
If you have questions during the application process, please don’t hesitate to contact us also at GrantsPrague@state.gov
Embassy Small Grants Cannot Fund
Please note that Embassy grants CANNOT be used to fund religious organizations or partisan political activity; individual trips abroad (i.e. out of the Czech Republic); trade activities; fundraising campaigns; charitable activities; humanitarian aid; commercial projects; scientific research; projects whose primary aim is the institutional development and operational costs of the organization; or representational expenses (lunch, alcoholic beverages, flowers etc.). The Embassy also cannot give grants to commercial firms/ for-profit firms.
2016 Supported Projects
- Asociace pro mezinárodní otázky (AMO) 2016 — U.S. Presidential Debate Simulations
- Miret — Romano drom 2016
- Akademie múzických umění v Praze (FAMU) — American Independent Films at FAMU(fest)
- Masarykova Univerzita — Using Inclusive Practices to Internationalize Higher Education: a joint initiative of Masaryk University and University of Minnesota
- Konsorcium nevládních organizací pracujících s migranty v ČR — Crafting strong messages for pro-migration discourse
- Meltingpot — Meltingpot Forum 2016
- Společnost Jindřicha Chalupeckého — Social Engagement in Czech and American Art – a public program by Pablo Helguera in context of the Jindrich Chalupecky Award 2016
- Richard Olehla — American Literature Today, social media
- Ostravské centrum nové hudby — NODO 2016 – New Opera Days Ostrava – participation of Petr Kotík, String Noise (Pauline Kim Harris, Conrad Harris) and Thomas Verchot
- Jaroslav Mašek – Kidblog 2016 – International Blogging Project
- Nadace Forum 2000 — 20th Annual Conference Forum 2000
- Univerzita Palackého, Pedagogická fakulta, Katedra společenských věd — Migration, Immigration, Emigration and Europe – Changes, History, the Present
- Bluegrassová Asociace ČR– Banjo Jamboree 2016
- Univerzita Karlova – Summer Seminar on “Nationalism, Religion and Violence in Europe” and a Roundtable on “Past, Present and Future of Global Migration”
- Česká filharmonie, Galerie Rudolfinum – Taryn Simon
- Zapomenutí – Neighbours who Disappeared – Lost things from Attic
- Masarykova Univerzita – Summer School on Energy Security
- Nová škola . – Through the Eyes of Roma Children
- Slovo 21 – BY HEART, empowerment of Roma Women
- Mezipatra – 17th Queer Film Festival Mezipatra
- reSITE – Urban – architecture Festival: Cities in Migration 2016
- Fórum 50 % – Empowering Women Leaders across the Ocean
- FEL ČVUT – US-CZ workshop on start-up culture and innovation in academia
- Martin Gilian – Undisputed World Bboy Masters 2017
- Národní divadlo – Beryl Korot, Steve Reich: THREE TALES
- Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci — Academia Film Olomouc
- Ústav pro česko-americké vztahy — American Spring
- TEREZA — Globe Games 2016
- Prague Fringe — 15th Prague Fringe
- Univerzita Karlova v Praze, Filozofická fakulta — American Poetry on the Radio
- Fenester — Amie Siegel
- Centrum pro studium diplomacie a politiky — Czech Model of the U.S. Congress
- Asociace pro mezinárodní otázky — Prague Student Summit-Model NATO
- MeetFactory, o.p.s. — Still Acts
- Člověk v tísni — One World
- Asociace českých filmových klubů —42nd Summer Film School in Uherské Hradiště
- Muzeum romské kultury — Roma Rising
- Galerie Nativ – Matika Wilbur — Native Americans today exhibition
- Občanské sdružení Pro Photo — Exhibition of Photographs Farm Security Administration
- Organizace pro pomoc uprchlíkům — Fostering informed debates on refugees and migration
- In IUSTITIA – Hate Violence in the Czech Republic — Monitoring and Analysis
- Forum 2000 Foundation — NGO Market
- Public Art — Prague-New York Effects
- Institut dokumentárního filmu— East Doc Platform 2016
- Univerzita Tomáše Bati ve Zlíně— Spreading American Language and Culture in the Zlín Region
- Evropské hodnoty – HOMEAFFAIRS – Internal Security Forum Prague 2016
- Ústav mezinárodních vztahů — 8th International Symposium “Czech Foreign Policy”
- Společnost Rožmberk — US-Czech Artisan Blacksmith Exchange
- IOM Mezinárodní organizace pro migraci — Summer School on Migration Studies 2016
- Tripitaka — Ghettofest
- Fotograf 07 – Festival Fotograf #6 – Culture / Nature: Mark Dorf in art residence and exhibition
- Sdružení pro iLiteraturu — History in American Fiction
- MeetFactory — MeetFactory U.S. Call for Artists-in-Residence 2015
- JAZZFESTBRNO — International jazz festival JAZZFESTBRNO 2016
- Oživení — Evaluation of the Czech Counties – Elections 2016
- Romano jasnica — 12th Multicoloured festival
- Sdružení pro integraci a migraci — Integration Through Work
- InBáze — RefuFest, intercultural festival
- Pro bono alliance – Pro Bono Response — Lawyers in Times of Refugee and Other Crises
- Frank Bold Society — Bridging the gap: strengthening communication between citizens and legislators
- Naši Politici — Transparent Finance of Regional Councils
- Jan Syruček- Bo Hai — Film About Vietnamese Community
- Prague Pride — Prague Pride 2016 – love is actually the same for everyone
- Spolek na obnovu Únětické kultury — The 4th Czech Ukulele Festival
2015 Supported Projects
- PSSI — Energy Security in Central and Eastern Europe and the Operations of Russian State-Owned Energy Enterprises — International Conference, Prague, June 21—22
- Prague Fringe — 14th Fringe Festival, Prague, May 22—30
- Center for Diplomacy & Politics — Czech Model of the United States Congress 2015 — Pilsen, September 5—10
- Czechitas — Digital Literacy for Women — IT courses for women
- Prague Pride — Prague Pride 2015
- Nicholas Davis — A Rare and Lovely Flower — Recital of Czech and American art song, Prague, November 8—14th
- Czech Space Office — Professor and Former Astronaut Scott Parazinsky – Lecture Series on Extra Vehicular Activities, Space Medicine and Spaceflight, Prague, June 29—July 1
- TransFusion — The Town Called X — 2-man show
- Czech Slovak 4 America — 20th International Colloquium
- TEREZA — GLOBE Games 2015 Festival
- AMO — Ukraine in U.S. Foreign Policy — Lecture/Roundtable
- CEDU — School for Democracy — School Councils
- Ostrava Center New Music — Ostrava Days 2015 — Six American composers at Ostrava Days Institute, August 10—29, and Ostrava Days Festival, August 21—29
- Jaroslav Fragner Gallery — Experimental Architecture Biennial 2 — Exhibition
- Jindrich Chalupecky Society — Jindrich Chalupecky Award Contest 2015 — Holly Block, Director of The Bronx Museum of the Arts, Chairman of the Jury of Jindrich Chalupecky Award, Prague, Brno, November 18—22
- BUBEC Artist in Residence — Exhibitions
- University of South Bohemia — Migration Summer School — Discussion/ Lecture
- Namest nad Oslavou — Folk Holiday Festival 2015 — Cajun artists
- DOC DREAM — 19th Jihlava Documentary Film Festival, October 27-31
- EKOFEST — Noir Film Festival 2015
- Forum 2000 — Conference
- Chateau Liten — Diva Jarmila Novotna — Exhibition at the Czech Museum of Music, June 6—November 2
- Juristi — Anti-Corruption Laws 4 student 4 legal workshops
- Art and Theater Institute — Prague Quadrennial — 10-day exhibition
- The Forgotten Ones — Neighbors Who Disappeared — Research, exhibits
- Bohemia JazzFest — 10th Bohemia JazzFest — July 9—19
- Kamera Oko — International Film Festival — Women Behind the Camera — debate with professor Alexis Krasilovsky from Department of Cinema and Television Arts, California State University, Ostrava, September 26—27
- FAMU FAMUFEST 2015 Exposed! — Student Work Festival
- Czech Jazz Society — 18th Czech Jazz Workshop 2015 — Classes/ Concerts, August 1—9
- Renewal of Unetice — 3rd Czech Ukulele Festival, July 24—27
- Palacky University — Citizenship Summer School Education Teacher Training
- League of Human Rights I Decide Human Rights Awareness Disabled
- INI Project Vera Jirousova Award Conference — David Joselit, distinguished professor at the City University of New York, November 6
- Art in box Hella Hammid: Feminine Art Photography Exhibition/ Lecture
- Masaryk University — the 10th Brno International Conference of English, American and Canadian Studies, February 5–7, at the Faculty of Arts
- Institute of Documentary Film — East Doc Platform
- Association for International Affairs (AMO) — Model NATO
- ROMEA, o.p.s. — Bringing Romani history and culture into Czech primary schools curricula
- Platform for Social Housing — Pilot of Rapid Re-Housing Method in Brno
- MeetFactory — U.S. Call for artists in residence 2015
- Association of Czech Film Clubs — American Film Programme on Summer Film School 2015
- Forum 2000 — NGO Market 2015
- International Dvořák Society — American Spring Festival
- reSITE — reSITE 2015 Conference The Shared City
- Bluegrass Association of the Czech Republic — Bluegrass music festival Banjo Jamboree 2015
- European Values — European Values Summer Academy
- United States Institute for Theatre Technology (USITT) — Prague Quadrennial 2015 Exhibit
- Mladí Ladí Jazz — Nerudný fest.cz
- Department of Political Science, Faculty of International Relations, University of Economics, Prague — Anti-corruption barometer
- Palacký University Olomouc — Academia Film Olomouc
- Tripitaka — Brundibar from Ghetto Theater Performance
- DOX Praha — ART BRUT LIVE exhibition
- Spiralis — Network of Civic Iniciatives Against Corruption in Czech Republic
- People in Need — One World 2015 Festival
- Sluňákov — Olomouc Ecology Days: The landscape and the human
- Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University — Allen Ginsberg Memorial Freedom Festival
2014 Supported Projects
Signal Festival — Young Talents
Prague Light Festival features the interactive light installation by American artist Jen Lewin, October 16—19, Kampa Park.
The event titled “Different City Experiences in the Czech Republic” aimed to promote sustainable transport and civic participation. These activities included theatre performances, thematic workshops, and gatherings for all age groups during the month of September 2014.
Association for International Affairs (AMO)
AMO organizes public lectures, briefings and a roundtable with American speaker Jeffrey A. Bader on the topic of “China’s Rise and the Implications for the U.S. Foreign Policy”. Mr. Bader will lead public lectures in Prague and Brno, closed roundtable for students and young professionals and a briefing for diplomats and policy makers. The aim is to present key issues of American foreign policy to Czech audience.
Brno Philharmonic Orchestra
The 27th season of the International Music Festival of Contemporary and Experimental Music titled Exposition of New Music 2014 hosted numerous national and foreign composers including American composer Phil Niblock and music sound artist Robert Ostertag.
Forum 2000 Foundation
The 18th annual Forum 2000 conference entitled “Democracy and Its Discontents: A Quarter Century after the Iron Curtain and Tiananmen” on October 12—15, 2014 in Prague.
Oživení organizes a project that aims to promote transparency in local government and provide guidelines, consultancy in implementing transparency measures for municipal officials, and mobilizing citizens at local level.
Jindřich Chalupecký Society
The Jindřich Chalupecký Award and The International Fine Arts Colloquium & Jury Meeting in Prague hosted American curators who helped to select the recipient of this prestigious award.
Asociace pro Iliteraturu
The project will present in-depth overview focusing on the latest American fiction, its stylistic and narrative features, political orientation and other literary traditions. The articles will be summarized in a final study presenting the literary works in a broad context.
The Noir Film Festival 2014 took place at Krivoklat Castle on August 21–24, 2014. It presented numerous films known as film noir, including American films for a wide audience.
Pardubice by You
The project titled “Increasing of Political Culture in Pardubice” aims to engage young people in politics and encourage them to vote. The project will include interviews with young leaders, public opinion polls, election debates, workshops, student essays and online articles. The key target group will be high school students.
American curator Vallejo Gantner and American artist Zachary Oberzan will participate in the International Art Festival on October 16—18, 2014 in Prague.
The 4th edition of the annual documentary film festival titled The World on a Plate – AlimenTerre on Oct 6-10, 2014 aimed to present the topic of responsible food consumption (food waste, where our food comes from, how it is made) and the developmental, environmental and social implications of consumption patterns.
A 3-day workshop on the principles of investigative and data-based journalism in November 2014 in Prague. The speakers are experienced journalists from the U.S. NGO ProPublica and the workshops aim to engage journalists as well as bloggers and watchdog organizations to improve the level of Czech investigative reporting, which fills a gap in the current structure of curriculum at major schools of journalism.
Česká středoškolská unie
This project aims to implement a series of seminars that will introduce the methodology of establishing student councils based on US models.
The Queer Film Festival entitled “MEZIPATRA” will take place November 6-14, 2014. The purpose of this project is to present American films focusing on minorities, their culture, history and civil rights. Film screenings will be accompanied by series of lectures on LGBT Culture.
The project focuses on the development of innovation entrepreneurship in the Czech Republic’s regional cities and will consist of a capacity building roadshow, acceleration program, accompanying networking events and the design of a massive open online course (MOOC).
Transitions will organize an international conference titled 25 Years After: Challenges of Building the Post-Communist Media and Communication Industries on November 20—22, 2014, which will bring together scholars and practitioners to address the transition of the media in the post-communist countries of Europe and Eurasia since 1989.
The National Moravian/Silesian Theatre
A dance concert celebrating the 50th anniversary of performance of Merce Cunningham Dance Company – John Cage and Robert Rauschenberg took place in Prague and Ostrava in September 2014.
Open Pages (Otevřené stránky)
Open Pages organizes ten cultural events connecting literature, music and space and ten debates with professional journalists, commentators, political scientists and other scholars to address current social problems related to the economy, state of democracy and civic society.
Ms. Krassner, Chief Administrative Officer for Public Health at University of California, organizes a unique educational initiative on “Autism and the Arts” at the South Bohemian University in České Budějovice. The project will include an educational program about the role of the arts in the wellness of persons with Autism and will be combined with a public screening of a documentary titled Through the Heart of Tango, which shows the journey of people with special needs through dance.
The Bear Group
The Bear Group puts on multiple theatrical performances of two American authors: Santaland Diaries by David Sedaris and Venus in Fury by David Ives at Divadlo Kolowrat in Prague.
PROUD — Platform for Equality, Recognition and Diversity
This project deals with new methodologies and seminars in Czech high schools focusing on awareness and education regarding LGBT issues. The seminars will address social problems and will include analysis, discussion and will encourage critical thinking.
Jihlava Association of Amateur Filmmakers
The 18th Jihlava International Documentary Film Festival, on October 23—28, 2014. The purpose of this project is to promote inspiring American documentary and experimental films and to inform the public about new American film productions.
VISK – Vzdělávací institut Středočeského kraje & KVIC
This project is a series of workshops for elementary and secondary school teachers of English and will be organized in various regions of the Czech Republic with the goal of promoting and enhancing the use of technology and digital resources in the English language classroom, and overall teacher development.
The festival Past Present Future presented street art and hip-hop culture and included exhibitions, workshop, paintings, discussions, film screenings and a commentary on T-Kid’s exhibit (Julius Robert Cavero from New York).
University of West Bohemia
The Prague Police participated in a week long English language course at the Plzen International Summer Language School.
Green Circle will develop a “Green Widget,” a web-based visual communication tool to disseminate information about the voting of Czech parliamentarians on environmental and environment-related issues since 1994. This widget will be part of the widely utilized KohoVolit.cz website.
The cultural and human rights festival entitled “Prague Pride 2014” will take place from August 11–17, 2014 in Prague. The festival will consist of a wide range of activities, from theatre performances and concerts to expert and public debates.
The National Fair Trade Conference will be on October 16, 2014 in Brno. The conference will focus on the topic of municipalities and public offices respecting and endorsing the ethical principles of Fair Trade in order to strengthen good and transparent governance involving various stakeholders.
META will organize a minority integration project titled Volunteers – The Initiators of Integration that will include tutoring and leisure time activities for foreigners and immigrants in the Czech Republic and will be carried out by volunteers.
The “Roma Spirit Award” is given to individuals, organizations and other entities that are contributing to the understanding and coexistence of the Roma minority and majority population.
Palacký University in Olomouc
The 21th Summer School of Education for Citizenship and Europeanism will be at the Faculty of Education, Palacký University in Olomouc from August 17–21, 2014.
Ostrava Center for New Music
Ostrava Center for New Music organized the New Opera Days Ostrava June 25–28, 2014. Petr Kotik, Kamala Sankaran, S.E.M. Vocal Ensemble and String Noise (Pauline Kim Harris & Conrad Harris) performed for the public in Ostrava.
Guitar Festival Mikulov
American artist Paul O’Dette participated in the Guitar Festival in Mikulov from June 29–July 5, 2014. Paul O’Dette presented lectures on the Renaissance lute, master classes and also performed for the public in Mikulov.
Charles University – Faculty of Arts
Charles University organized the 15th International Conference of the Utopian Studies Society – Utopia and Nonviolence on July 2–5, 2014 at the Faculty of Arts of Charles University. American speaker Hoda Zaki particiapted in the conference.
Prague Post Endowment Fund
Prague Post Endowment Fund organizes the annual ‘Best Teacher of English Competition,’ which aims to find the best teachers of English in Czech primary and secondary schools and honor them for their outstanding teaching skills.
For_um Initiative organizes the Velvet Carnival celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Velvet Revolution to address public issues. The carnival will be accompanied by creative workshops, debates and exhibitions. This event is especially special because it demonstrates American support for the progress made by Czech organizations in civil society over the past 25 years.
Center for the Study of Diplomacy and Politics
The Czech Model of the American Congress will educate Czech high school and college students in national and international politics. The program will take place in Plzen September 9–14, 2014.
International Organization for Migration
IOM organizes the Summer School on Migration Studies from August 18–24, 2014 at the University of Southern Bohemia in Ceske Budejovice. Professor Michael Dinwiddie from New York University will present his visions on integration, multicultural society and ethnic diversity.
The Summer School on Energy Security “Atlantic and Continental Approach to Energy Security” will take place at Masaryk University’s Centre in Telč from August 3–10, 2014.
Ara Art organizes a three-day workshop for members of LGBT community from the Czech Roma ethnic minority in order to set up a more formalized body that will point out special needs and problems of this particular group.
Nova Skola organizes a country-wide writing and art competition called Romano Suno (Romany Dream).
Nataša Slavíková will produce a documentary film about American poet Allen Ginsberg and his visit of Prague in 1965 that significantly influenced Czech culture and society.
Kulturarium organizes a music festival entitled ‘Degeneration NEXT 2014’ on September 23, 2014 in Brno. The festival is organized primarily by university students and it will kick off the beginning of the fall semester.
Art Brut presents an art exhibition titled “Exhibition Mental Contours III. Lines of Force” inspired by American Creative Growth Art Center in California, from September–October 2014.
Art Movement presents the exhibition titled “The Art of Tim Burton” at the Stone Bell House gallery in Old Town Square in Prague. The exhibition introduces American filmmaker Tim Burton as an artist showing drawings, paintings, photographs, sketchbooks, moving-image works and sculptural installations.
Jazz Goes to Town
The international jazz festival titled “Jazz Goes to Town 2014” will be in Hradec Kralove on October 13–18, 2014. American jazz guitarist John Scofield will come to the Czech Republic and perform for a wide public.
Academy of Performing Arts in Prague — Film and TV School
The 31st film festival FAMUFEST 2014 – Right and Left will take place November 26–30, 2014. The festival will include screenings of films created by students, master classes with foreign filmmakers, exhibition of photographs and concerts.
Charles University – Faculty of Arts
Charles University organizes the Summer School 2014: Current Issues in Sign Language Linguistics on August 25 – 27, 2014 at the Faculty of Arts in Prague.
Folk Holidays Festival at Náměšt nad Oslavou
American music group Cloud Cult will perfom at the 29th Folk Holidays Festival at Náměšt nad Oslavou. Their concert will take place during festival evening titled “Desire“ on August 1, 2014.
Society for the Renewal of Únětice Culture
The Second Czech Ukulele Festival will take place between July 25—27, 2014. The Festival will start in the center of Prague on the Vltava steamer on July 25, 2014 and will continue in Únětice brewery near Prague the following two days.
The 13th annual jazz festival entitled ‘Jazz Fest Brno,’ started with special events in March and continued through April 30, 2014. The festival provides a unique opportunity for a wide range of listeners to hear top jazz musicians both from the Czech Republic, the United States, and elsewhere.
Bluegrass Association of the Czech Republic
The 42nd Bluegrass Music Festival ‘Banjo Jamboree’ will take place from June 20—21, 2014 in Čáslav. Numerous Bluegrass bands from different countries, including the U.S., will participate.
Association for International Affairs
Association for International Affairs organizes an educational project that teaches Czech high school and university students about security issues and NATO-related topics.
Charles Flink, the President of Greenways Incorporated, travels to the Czech Republic to lead workshops focusing on urban greenways in Brno and Prague from June 16—22, 2014.
Association of Czech Film Clubs
The Association of Czech Film Clubs will host the 40th Summer Film School from July 25—August 2, 2014 in Uherske Hradiste.
Palacký University Olomouc
Palacký University in Olomouc organized the 49th International Festival of Science Documentary Films entitled Academia Film Olomouc, from April 15—20, 2014.
Ostrovy will host the 11th international music festival entitled United Islands from June 19—21, 2014 in Prague. An American band Hazmat Modine from New York will come to the Czech Republic to perform for the public.
Civic Association for Organizing Public Activities
The project titled Dissemination of Community Schools’ Development Approach aims to familiarize the Czech public and professionals about the benefits of Community Schools. An American speaker, Jane Quinn, member of the Board of the National Coalition of Community Schools USA, will come to the Czech Republic to participate in this project and to share best practices.
The reSITE Conference will take place at Forum Karlin in Prague from June 19—20, 2014. It aims to increase cross-cultural dialogue between American, Czech and other European cities focusing on ecological infrastructure, riverfront, public spaces, and sustainable urban projects that improve the quality of life. American expert speakers will come to the Czech Republic to participate in the festival, giving presentations, participating in workshops and panel discussions.
American curator Tina Kukielsk will come to the Czech Republic to share her knowledge of the art scene in the United States and lead discussions with Czech local artists.
Czech Helsinki Committee
The Czech Helsinki Committee will present the Report on Human Rights Conditions in the Czech Republic in 2013 and a comprehensive summary of the Human Rights Assessment Report – Development in the Past Twenty Years in the Czech Republic. The aim of the project is to provide the Czech public, civil society and government, with an impartial analysis of the situation for the year 2013 and the overall analysis of the development in the past 20 years.
Alliance for New Music-Theatre
The Vaclav Havel Project was performed by a group of American artists that came to the Czech Republic to perform during the Prague Fringe Festival held May 27—31, 2014 at Divadlo na Pradle in Prague. American artists also met with Czech local artists and students.
The Blues Alive music festival will take place in five different Czech cities including Šumperk, Zlín, Mikulov, Mírov and Prague in November 2014. It will present American blues music.
Association for International Affairs
The Association for International Affairs hosted an international conference entitled Prague Transatlantic Talks 2014: Facing the Atlantic Cyber Challenge from May 28—29, 2014 in Prague. The conference addressed issues of cyber security and enhanced the public debate about security and defense. Speakers from various countries attended this conference, including an American speaker Kevin Rothrock.
University of Pardubice
The University of Pardubice will host The Second Annual Conference — The Comenius Academic Club from June 13—15, 2014. The conference will focus on Czech–American cultural, social and academic relations in specific areas such as the humanities and natural sciences.
Czech Evaluation Society
The 2014 Conference on Quality of Evaluations will take place on June 10, 2014 at the Charles University in Prague. The following topics will be addressed at the Conference: contribution analysis, evaluations with a small number of studied cases, outcome mapping, counterfactual impact evaluation, evaluation questions, indicators for evaluation, and evaluation culture.
People in Need — The One World Festival
International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival takes place from March 3—12, 2014 in Prague & March 17— April 13, 2014 in other towns and cities in the Czech Republic.
The Rudolfinum Gallery hosts a photography exhibition of more than 100 photographs called ‘Only the Good Ones: The snapshot Aesthetic Revisited’. The concept for this exhibit was developed while the curator was in New York. Snapshots have been an enormous influence on modern American photography as art. The curator seeks to show how informal snapshots have influenced film, art and advertising in the United States and overseas.
The 13th annual Fringe Festival is held in Prague, May 23—31, 2014. This year, the festival presents numerous culturally diverse performances, including American acts in seven theatres across Prague.
“The Liberation of Western Bohemia by the U.S. Army in 1945” is a collection of stories from veterans, victims of the holocaust, and other important figures and witnesses featured at Post Bellum.
Forum 2000 Foundation — NGO Market
The 15th annual NGO Market held on April 25, 2014, at the National Technical Library in Prague offers a unique opportunity for NGOs to present their activities to the public, liaise with colleagues from Czech and foreign NGOs, share ideas and experiences, establish new partnerships, and recruit volunteers.
Association for Creativity in Education
Association for Creativity in Education is the final program of a project entitled “It matters to us!” aiming to promote civic engagement and encourage young people to participate in discussions with local representatives and the public regarding local issues through art. The program will include creative workshops on hip-hop subculture in the United States, open discussion on active participation of citizens, graffiti workshop,and performance by local artists.
Sladovna Pisek hosts “The Forest 2014” art exhibition, created by two American artists accompanied by educational activities.
International Dvořák Society
The American Spring Festival is celebrated in a number of regions throughout the Czech Republic, from April—July, 2014. Renowned artists, mainly from the United States and the Czech Republic, will perform in Prague and in otherCzech cities.
The Czech Town Hall Press Watch project is an interactive website hlasnatrouba.cz that enables citizens to monitor the contents of town hall newspapers in the Czech Republic.
“Mum, dad, I want to go to school” is series of workshops for Roma children and their parents. The workshops will be accompanied by an educational brochure, a video, and research on the decision-making process for Roma parents when enrolling their children into mainstream/practical schools.
CRM for Nonprofits
CRM for Nonprofits hosts an informational campaign highlighting the CRM system (Customer Relationship Management) for implementation in the non-profit sector. The system was developed in the United States and is now available for organizations in the Czech Republic.
A multi-genre street festival in Brno aims to mitigate the tendencies to stereotyping the Roma community and contribute to mutual understanding between the Roma minority and the Czech majority. The event will consist of cultural performances, street markets, and workshops, among other things, all jointly organized by Czech and Roma communities.