Location: Loretanske namesti, Malostranske namesti
Event: On Wednesday, October 25, 2023 at 1730, a demonstration is expected to take place starting at Loretanske Namesti in front of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs building followed by a march towards Malostranske namesti. The event is organized by ‘Friends of Palestine’ in support of civilian victims of the conflict in Gaza. The number of people expected to attend is unknown. Police will maintain a visible presence to monitor the situation. U.S. Embassy personnel and their family members are advised to avoid demonstrations.
Actions to Take
- Avoid the area of the demonstration
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Monitor local media for updates
- Keep a low profile
- U.S. Embassy Prague, Czech Republic, Trziste 365/15, 118 00 Mala Strana
- +420 257 022 000
- State Department–Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-444
- Czech Republic Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter