Location: Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the following neighborhoods in Prague, Czech Republic:
- Letenská pláň. Letna Park,
- Václavské náměstí,
- Národní třída,
- Albertov, and other areas around Prague.
Event: Demonstrations are expected to take place throughout the weekend, from Saturday, November 16 through Sunday, November 17, 2019 from 0700 to Midnight, all over Prague. Many of the demonstrations are celebratory and/or in memory of events surrounding the Velvet Revolution of 1989, but there will also likely be anti-government protests. At this time the police do not know if groups will become disruptive. Transportation delays and road closures are expected.
U.S. government personnel are advised to exercise caution around this area during the event.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Prague, Czech Republic
+420 257 022 000
- State Department–Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Czech Republic Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter