Last updated: June 13, 2022
As of June 12, 2022, the CDC order requiring all persons aged two and above to show a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before boarding a flight to the United States, is rescinded. Starting at 12:01 a.m. EDT on June 12, 2022, the CDC will no longer order air passengers to show a negative COVID-19 test result, or show documentation of recovery from COVID-19, prior to boarding a flight to the United States. Of note, CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
- Effective April 9, 2022, the Czech Republic has suspended all COVID-19 related entry restrictions for travelers. Travelers to the Czech Republic are no longer required to complete a Passenger Locator Form, provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or prior infection, etc. Additional information is available on the Czech Ministry of Interior’s COVID-19 website.
- The Czech Republic has lifted almost all COVID-19 related restrictions within the country. Additional information is available on the Czech government’s COVID-19 web portal.
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in the Czech Republic? Yes
- Testing information and appointments are available through the Czech Ministry of Health’s central reservation system website and the Czech government’s COVID-19 web portal.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of the Czech Republic approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes
- Are vaccines available in the Czech Republic for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Which vaccines are available in the Czech Republic? Pfizer, Moderna, Novavax, Janssen (Johnson and Johnson), AstraZeneca
- Vaccine information and appointments are available through the Czech Ministry of Health’s central reservation system website and the Czech government’s COVID-19 web portal.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- The U.S. government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. Please follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes
- Is public transportation operating? Yes
- Czech Government COVID-19 Portal
- COVID-19 Testing and Vaccination Central Reservation System
- Other links: