Dear Americans in Czech Silesia and Moravia:
The U.S. Embassy in Prague is coming to Ostrava!
Passport/American citizen services staff will be on hand to provide many of the same services we provide in Prague. You can save yourself a trip!
- Take applications to:
- Renew your passport or your child’s passport
- Issue a Consular Report of Birth Abroad and first passport for your newborn child
- Perform notary services (including affidavits of no criminal history and freedom to marry)
- Talk about the US Embassy and its mission
Please note we cannot:
- Take credit card payments (please bring exact change in USD or CZK to pay any fees)
- Do anything related to visas
Time: 10am-12pm, Tuesday, March 20
Place: Matiční Gymnázium, “Sborovna,” Dr. Šmerala 2565/25, Ostrava
Before you go:
- Please send us an email (ACSPRG@state.gov) with your name(s) and service(s) you will want
- Check our website https://cz.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services to find information about necessary forms, photos, and fees (and note our official exchange rate – 21 CZK/USD)
For further detailed information regarding the Czech Republic and travel:
- See the Department of State’s travel website for theWorldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Prague located at Trziste 15, 11800 Prague 1, by phone at +420 257 022 000 or by email atACSPRG@state.gov. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +420 257 022 000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.