April 26 – As a part of its grants program, the U.S. Embassy in Prague is proud to announce a special competition to provide support for anti-corruption projects which aim to promote good governance, citizen activism, transparency, and in general work towards ending corruption in the Czech Republic.
The Embassy is soliciting proposals with outstanding merit that support the U.S. Government’s goals of promoting openness, transparency, and accountability. Preference will be given to individuals and institutions with a proven track record of executing superior programs. Grant proposals should range from $5,000 to $25,000.
The U.S. Embassy in Prague will consider grants with the following themes:
- Public awareness campaigns
- Engagement of civil society and civic activism
- Depoliticizing the civil service
- Protecting whistleblowers
- Strengthening transparency in the public procurement process and in the financing of political parties
- Regulation of lobbying activities
- Support for Czech police and prosecutorial services in their efforts to improve their capability to effectively investigate and prosecute criminality and public corruption
- Safeguarding the integrity of law enforcement institutions
The deadline for proposal submissions: May 26, 2017 (midnight)
Details about the grant competition can be found on our Special Grants page.